
One of these years I need to remember to take pictures of this before its gone.
Love when the holidays come around, it means its time to make Carmel popcorn and other goodies. We started early this year with our neighbor gifts, but its so nice to have that little extra pressure off. Carmel popcorn has really been a Christmas tradition that Rob and I have enjoyed. I like making it mostly because its just so easy to make, and doesn't take much time at all. I know that i probably post this recipe every year, oh well, it will just save me from having to dig too long to find it.
Yummy 'Gooey' Carmel Popcorn
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups Karo syrup
2 tsp vanilla (will add later)
Smoked Almonds
Store bought popcorn *secret ingredient*
Mix all the above ingredients in a pot over stove. Let ingredients come to a rapid boil. Take off stove and then add vanilla, stir well. At this point you can also add your smoked almonds (yummy). Now pour over popcorn. This will cover generously over the popcorn. (have never measured the amount of popcorn that I have used. I just eye the Carmel/popcorn ratio)

Another yummy Christmas treat that we enjoy this time of year are Shortbread cookies. I use my grandma Jenkins recipe, and can I just tell you how yummy they really are. They literally just melt in your mouth.
Shortbread cookies
1 lb butter (softened to room temp)
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
Form into a ball – knead a little roll out ½ inch thick. Cut into 1½ inch squares. Prick with fork for decoration. Bake at 325ยบ for 25 minutes.
Enjoy baking this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment