Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

This weekend I was lucky to celebrate my birthday with my little family. Sunday was my birthday so we got 2 days to celebrate. Actually we started celebrating Friday night with Rob's family - we went to the Olive Garden for a birthday dinner.

With General Conference hitting this weekend we sat and listened to the Saturday morning session and then Rob, Karlee and I went into Salt Lake to run a few errands. It was really nice just to be with our little family.


We stopped at Zuppa's for lunch - which was so super yummy! Highly Recommend it. Yummy !!!!There was a ROSS nearby and I had some birthday $$ from my grandparents and store credit so we stopped in to use it up. I was able to find a bunt pan of which I have always wanted. Yay me!


Saturday night Rob had to go into work (to do Inventory) so Karlee and I went to see Mirror Mirror with Grandma Laurel, Amanda (David's finance), and Holly and her boys. Such a cute movie. Karlee did pretty good.

Sunday my Official Birthday. Karlee ran through the house yelling "It's my moms birthday and she is 37. Its my moms birthday and she is 37. - Thank you Karlee (haha). Rob made crepes for the whole house. Its sorta a tradition in my family so I was super excited for them. Many of Rob's family had never eaten crepes so this was a new thing for them. The crepes were a huge hit so much so that we forgot to take any pictures of them. We will have to remember next year.


We listened and enjoyed General Conference. I love this time of year when we get to listen to our Heavenly Fathers prophets and apostles. All the talks were so good, and the spirit that is felt is so wonderful.


What is a birthday without birthday cake? Laurel made a yummy Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake (my favorite). I had lots of little helpers blow out my candles. I had lots of phone calls from family which made my birthday perfect. It was such a fun day.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Happy to birthday to Karlee's mom - you're 37!!!

Brian & Kerrian said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!! What a fun day for you, I want to go and see that movie!!! Hope your doing really good! When do I get to see you? We have to plan something soooon! Miss ya!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012