Monday, August 3, 2009

Raspberry Days at Bear Lake


Raspberry Days is an annual event that is not to be missed. We always have such a good time. We went up north early last week, and made it our summer vacation. We spent a couple days in Salt Lake, Karlee and I got to spend some time with my sister and her family while Rob was busy with work stuff. Then on Wednesday up we went to Bear Lake. The drive was beautiful, we decided to go up through Evanston Wyoming, stopping in Park City to visit with Sally (Rob's sister). We had a yummy lunch, saw her new salon, and then she cut my hair. Back on the road . . . when we got to Laketown, UT Bear Lake looked beautiful. It was a turquoise blue, wish I would have gotten my camera out and took a picture, oh well. We had a good time while we were up there. We walked through the Raspberry Day vendor booths, ate yummy food, played in the water at the beach, took the boat out for a day of fun in the water, and went to the rodeo. We (Karlee and I) did catch the sick bug while we were up there but not actually until the last day so we were able to enjoy the whole time.


Hanging out @ Raspberry Days in Garden City.


We spent some time at the beach, and I think that this was Karlee's first time playing on the beach. She had so much fun. She had such a fascination with the sand/mud. Karlee loves the water and hated when it was time to leave.


Karlee got to spend some quality time with her two cousins. They had so much fun together. The two boys are always so gentle with Karlee. I went to find Karlee and glad that I had my camera close, so I snapped this moment. So cute don't you think!


Rob's parents took their boat out on Saturday and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We all had a really good time. Karlee wasn't too excited about having to wear her life jacket ('pink' - too cute huh), but once the boat got started she pretty much slept the day away. While Karlee was sleeping everyone that wanted took turns wake boarding, and surfing. Its been awhile for Rob and I, but we took our turns.
Rob out on the wake board.

Heather out on the water!


Grandma Weston with Karlee & cousin Bo Daniel

This is how Karlee spent most of her day - asleep!

On Sunday before we headed home, we stopped over to Meadowville (just outside of Laketown) to visit with Rob's grandma June. She looked really good this visit. She is 88 years old and the oldest woman in Laketown, Utah. We took a 4 Generation picture since Rob's dad was there as well. I love pictures like these. Karlee wasn't too happy in the picture, she wasn't feeling too good - poor little thing.


Rob's 4 generation picture with Grandma Weston.

.
Thank you to Rob's parents for such a fun week. We can't wait till next year!

7 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

That sounds like an AWESOME vacation! Good stuff!

Clenece said...

Looks like fun. The water is so pretty!

Kaye and Jared said...

Looks like a FUN summer vacation!! The water looks like so much fun too. That is one thing I definitely miss - any warm lake to swim in. Sorry you guys were sick. Nothing like being sick and away from home.

Monica said...

I'm so glad we were on the way. I always love being a pit stop. Kidding - it's great to get to see you guys more often! We love it!

Hayley said...

I LOVE bear lake! It has been two years since I have been and I was just telling Tom we WILL be going up there next summer! Glad you got to enjoy it.

Troy and Segi said...

Karlee looks darling in her polka dot swim suit. I have the same suit for Alyia but her booty totally hangs out. What a fun weekend. I heard raspberry days is so fun,lucky you!

Crafty Momma said...

She is so big!! She looks adorable in her swimsuit!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012