With today being Earth Day and also being a Thursday, I thought that I shouldn't let this day pass without expressing my thankfulness for this beautiful earth that we live on. There is so much that is evidence that our Heavenly Father loves us, and he watches out for us. Just as our Earthly parents have raised, nurtured, and given us so much. Our Heavenly Father has given us so much. Everyday when I go outside I am amazed at the beauty that surrounds me. The beautiful lakes, green trees in Michigan. The rolling green hills, wonderful wet rain in Kentucky. The amazing red rocks, and warm sun here in Southern Utah. We are truly taken care of, and because we are taken care of so much, it is our responsibility to take care of this amazing world that we live in.
This week Karlee and I went to 'Story Time' at our local library. Stories were read about the many things that make up our world, trees, oceans and animals. They always do an activity, such as a coloring page, or a little puppet. This week they made bird feeders. They really were the cutest things, and very simple to make. Here is Karlee's bird feeder, we don't have a tree in our yard that has low branches, so we settled for one of our Palm trees right out front our window.
Come on birdies!
Supplies: (day old Bread, twine/yarn, cookie cutter, peanut butter, bird feed)
Instructions: Take the cookie cutter, and press into the bread to make a desired shape. Let dry over night to harden, when hard punch a hole for the twine to loop through. Coat your stale bread with peanut butter, and then press into the bird feed. You are done, now go and hang it up high for the birds to enjoy. Simple Simple!
1 comment:
I think that is such a cute bird feeder. I'm sure we'll be doing it a time or two this summer!
Post a Comment