Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"When daddy coming home?"

"When daddy coming home?" is what I get to hear many times throughout my day. Almost every morning when Karlee wakes up, she will walk up to me, and ask: "When daddy coming home?". This girl LOVES her daddy!!! It is so cute!
.
This night Karlee asked again "when daddy coming home?". It was almost time for Rob to be getting home, so I told her that she could go out and wait for him. I opened the door, watched her gather her two most prized possessions, her Elmo and Hello Kitty blanket, and out she went. I went back in to clean the kitchen, I went to check on her, and this is what I saw:


Karlee on our front step waiting for daddy!

This girl would get so excited when she saw headlights. She would start jumping up and down, yelling "Daddy coming home, daddy coming". At first she got a little confused when the cars would turn and continue on driving - but her excitement never dulled with each set of head lights.. It was pretty darn cute. Rob


Come home daddy!
.
Funny Side note:
I thought it would be cute and take a picture of Karlee with her daddy when he got home, but I was preoccupied with a big bug! A really BIG BUG! . . . While we were waiting for Rob to get home, I left our door open, so that I could hear Karlee while she was outside. She came up to me and said that a bug got in. (bug=fly) So I gave her the fly swatter so she could be entertained a bit longer. She happily took it and went back to the door. A second later Karlee gave out a Startling Scream, I went to see what was causing this, the biggest dragon fly I have ever seen flew right into our house. It freaked (grossed) me out! I picked up Karlee and her poor little body was shaking with fear. Karlee held on with her death grip until Rob got home to catch the bug and be our hero. So my mind was not thinking of taking a cute picture of Rob and Karlee, darn! Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Kaye and Jared said...

too cute and too funny!!

Crafty Momma said...

So funny! I did the same thing..except this was a lizard!!! Can you imagine? After trying to catch it, it ran into Delia's closet and I was not about to go digging for it, then hrs later went back in to find it in the corner! so I mustered up ALL of my courage to trap it under a container and got lucky! Stacked some books on top so it wouldn't get out and waited for christian to come home and set it free...OUTSIDE where it belongs!! Talk about ewwww!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012