We kicked off the Fall season with a trip to Wheeler Farm. We had a good time and the weather couldn't have been better, in fact it was down right warm. I think I had convinced myself that it was now October and that it was time for cooler weather. I survived and actually enjoyed the warm sun. I had purchased the tickets online in late September and was able to get a pretty good deal, we were able to take a wagon ride, go through the corn maze, and each get a pumpkin all for $5.5o. Not bad - I love a good deal!
Karlee and Daddy at the Historic Homestead.
So onto the wagon ride. For Rob the wagon ride brought back many childhood memories of the haunted forest (I think that's what he said) - as for me it wasn't that spectacular. No picture of the wagon ride, I guess I could have at least taken a picture of the wagon (oh well!). Karlee seemed to think the ride was entertaining, however I think that she enjoyed going and seeing all the animals, and tractors while mom stood in line - baking in the sun of course.
Aren't dads the best!
The highlight of our Wheeler Farm experience was the corn maze. Now this was Karlee's first 'Official' corn maze, and she absolutely LOVED it. It really was the perfect size for her. When we got started we didn't have people behind us so Karlee went at her own speed, exploring. If it hadn't been for a group behind us, I think that Karlee could have discovered more of the maze, she got distracted with the other kids, and it soon became a race to get out.
Once out of the corn maze we got to each pick out our own pumpkin. Karlee quickly picked her pumpkin, and did a pretty good job. She picked it up, and said "Mom, it really heavy!", but carried it for a little while. Once our pumpkins were picked we were ready to go home, it was a lot of fun, and I think Karlee had a good time.
1 comment:
LOOKS LIKE A FUN TIME!! I remember going there when Laura worked there.
Post a Comment