Monday, December 17, 2007

Carmel Popcorn - Christmas Tradition

(YUMMY- is the only way to describe it)

Every year it is one of our traditions to make carmel popcorn. It is such a fun and yummy treat, that I thought I would post the recipe on my blog. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. (Oh yea the secret to this carmel popcorn is the the popcorn. For all of you in KY I have seen it sold at meijer over in the deli section, and for everyone else... I found it at the walmart-Subway eating place. So I had them pop me some and I bought 2 bags)
.
Carmel Popcorn Recipe
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups light karo syrup
**2 tsp vanilla (later)
Popcorn (store bought)
Nuts - (smoked almonds are our favorite)

Combine all these ingredients in pan bring to boil and then take off stove. Add vanilla, Puts nuts in syrup Almonds, and/or Cashews (OPTIONAL Pecans, Gumdrops, Coconut.) Then pour over popcorn in a LARGE bowl.

5 comments:

Weston and Christy said...

Heather, glad to hear that you made it to Utah. Hope to hear from you. Have a Merry Christmas, your tree looks great. Thanks for the recipe. Christy

Weston and Christy said...

Heather, glad to hear that you made it to Utah. Hope to hear from you. Have a Merry Christmas, your tree looks great. Thanks for the recipe. Christy

Melissa said...

hahaha!!!! The famous carmel popcorn recipe. You are getting brave.

The Meyers said...

That does look yummy. We miss you guys out here!

Anonymous said...

Yum.. caramel popcorn!
Must be delicious.

Regards,
Travels | Travel Cruises | Travel Tours

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012