Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our 2007 Christmas Tree

When we got here to Utah I really wanted to get our tree put up- feeling that it wouldn't feel like the Christmas season without any decorations up. Rob found our tree, and put it up, while I searched for our tree lights, and decorations. Well I found the decorations, but the lights have not been found. I convinced Rob into buying 1 box of lights. Hate to say it but I think we probably put somewhere around 800-1,000. lights on our tree. But this year we have, yes we have 1 box of 400 lights on our tree. And Rob usually puts the lights on the tree but this year he was a little busy with work, so I decided to put the lights on. Pretty interesting to say the least. All I have to say is that this year our 6'5" tree has only 3/4 coverage with lights. The bottom of the tree looks pretty sad, no lights, and no ornaments. Ya pretty pathetic- but oh well. Atleast I got my tree up, and yes it has helped to make it feel a little more like Christmas time.

(just posted this and then got to looking at our tree. I don't think that lights are what looks pathetic, I think that its the red bow (if you can call it that) I guess thats could be a new years goal: Learn how to make a pretty bow)

2 comments:

Crafty Momma said...

It doesn't look bad at all!! I like it. Sure it could use some more lights...but it is full, tall and green. More than I can say with our tree which we have had since we've been married, about 4 1/2 years. It is 4 foot not full at all,and yes it is fake! But well worth the $20 we paid for it. Hopefully we can afford a better tree next year. But really, your tree looks cute!

Melissa said...

Yeah, I'm with Gina. It doesn't look bad at all! You can't even tell that there is nothing at the bottom from the picture.

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012