Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Sweets" Candy Factory Tour

Enjoying our Sugar high!
This past Tuesday Karlee and I went along with my sister and her kids to one amazing place if you like candy and chocolate. We went to Sweets Candy Company, here in Salt Lake City. We went on the factory tour, it was really fun to see how candy is made, and watch the candymakers. They are already making candy for Halloween and Christmas. They ship their candy/chocolates all over the world, Asia, So. America, and Europe.
.
Along the factory tour there were a few stops where there were samples of their candy. Yummy! Cameras were not allowed inside the factory, so no pictures of that part (bummer). Some of the candy that is made in the factory is: Salt water taffy, Cherry Sours (yummo), jelly beans, gummy worms, cinnamon bears, chocolate covered nuts, orange sticks, etc. The factory tour was free and totally worth having to wear those very attractive blue hair nets (darn no picture of that either). We told Rob about our day and he was jealous so looks like we will be making another trip to checkout all the candy again.
Karlee was in HEAVEN!!! Look at all that Taffy!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Karlee looks all too excited around all that candy. I'm so glad you were able to go with us. It was a lot of fun - something I plan to do again in the future. Nothing better than walking through a candy factory - YUM YUM!!!

Stohl Family said...

I'm so glad you reminded me about the candy factory! My sister did it last year with her kids and it is something I wanted to do this summer but I'd forgotten about it. Karlee is so cute and looks so old...time goes by way too fast!!!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012