Over the summer last year our computer was acting like it was on its last leg, so we purchased an External Hard Drive so we could back up and store all our photos and documents from our computer. I transferred everything over onto the external hard drive and basically worked off that instead of taking my chances with saving items to my computer and then having it crash, thus losing it all. I was loving my external hard drive, my computer felt as though it was faster and still hanging onto life. A couple weeks ago our external hard drive wouldn't turn on. I was just sick to think that I had not backed up anything. I just thought of all the photos, documents, etc. that I had on it. I took the drive to the store that I had purchased to see if there was anything they could do, No Luck. I was just sick, too me this was a slight equivalent to a major accident, such as a home fire, flood, where personal possessions are lost. This may seem drastic, but to me this was, we had every picture ever taken: weddings, Karlee's birth and most of 1st year, friends, etc. I have one Amazing sister, Monica, who makes miracles happen. While we were up north last week, I took our external drive up to her, and she worked her magic. She took the drive to a local computer guy, and had him check it out. She, like me, was fairly doubtful, but wanted to exhaust all options. Best News!!! was that YES he was able to retrieve all the data from the hard drive. I have learned a very valuable lesson from this experience . . . that is that an External Hard Drive is meant to be a back up (a 2nd copy, if you will).
**Monica - Thank you so much for all your work, I will be ever so grateful.
4 comments:
Ahhh, and now I can breathe again. :) That is so scary! I lost 2 yrs worth of pictures about a year and a half ago and we took it to two computer guys and both were no luck. So I'm glad it worked out. Yay! I would hate to think you lost pictures of your sweet little Karlee!!
I am so glad it worked out for you....I have got to get things backed up!!
I totally know how you feel and I am glad you were able to get your precious pictures back.
Yea - thanks for letting us learn from your experience.
And thanks for all the praise (I'll pay you later!)
Post a Comment