Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend with Grandma, Papa, and Cousins

Grandma & Papa with all the kiddos

We had a fun weekend, it went by so fast. My parents came over to spend sometime with my brother and sister-in-laws kids, while they spent a fun weekend down in Vegas. We had a full house for a couple of days, but it was so much fun. Started the weekend watching Ratatouille (which I think is so cute), good thing I have already seen the movie as I, yes, fell asleep only after 5 minutes into the movie. Ya I know I am such a great host. Saturday was spent going on Geo-caches, playing at the park, making cupcakes, and enjoying the great weather. Karlee had so much fun. She loves to play with all her cousins, she just looks at them with such excitement in her eyes. Her cousins (Abbey, Austin, and Taylor) all had fun carrying her up and down the hallway. Karlee thought this was just great - she seemed to have a smile on her face the whole day.

One thing about my mom is that she loves books, she bought a fun book a couple of weeks ago called. Hello, Cupcake! - What a fun book to look through. This weekend we decided to make cupcakes and decorate them like in the book. We did pretty darn good, if you ask me. We made 2 different kinds - Owls and Penguins. I took pictures of the penguin, but apparently didn't take one of the owls, so I found a replica. Now aren't these just the cutest. So so fun.

Taylor, Abbey, and Austin showing off their cupcakes.

Here are some close ups of these cute cupcakes.

Owl Cupcakes:

(cupcake, chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies, Junior mints, runts (banana))

Penguin Cupcakes:
(cupcake, yellow starbursts, large marshmallow, doughnut hole, chocolate frosting tinted black, mini chocolate chips, white frosting, thin chocolate cookies or molding chocolate)

11 comments:

Clenece said...

Those are so stinking cute!! What a fun idea!

Monica said...

sounds like a fun weekend. And those are some serious cupcakes. They turned out adorable!

Kaye and Jared said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! They turned out really cute! What a fun book! You are turning out to be the hostest with the mostest.

Kaye and Jared said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan and Ashley said...

How fun! You did do a good job! They turned out really good.

Troy and Segi said...

I bet karlee had a blast with her cousins,sounds like a fun weekend. The cupcakes turned out so cute,love them!

Hayley said...

Thanks! The kids had a blast. They loved the cupcakes!

Heather Mills said...

LOVE the cupcakes! How fun!

Mike and Kimmy said...

So cute and creative! I love them! What a fun idea!

THE GANTT LIFE said...

What's more fun than making and decorating cupcakes? :0

Melissa said...

the cupcakes turned out so adorable! good job!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012