Birthday Wishes
Karlee turned 2 years old today! We had a really fun day. When she woke up we asked her how old she was and she said " I "two"". What a little smartie! (we really haven't practiced with her too much, gosh she is just too smart. ha ha ha.) Rob has a tradition from his childhood, of his mom telling him on his birthday his birth story. So Rob carried this on with Karlee, it was a sweet retelling and I never tire of hearing about our miracle. Karlee thought it was pretty cute too. We headed off to church where her little nursery class sang happy birthday to her, Karlee thought that was pretty cool.
Karlee shared her birthday with the Superbowl this year so we thought it would be fun to do a "powder puff football" birthday cake. When I was decorating the cake, she got so excited and was saying "Karlee's cake, Karlee's cake". We ate all of Karlee's favorite foods: hot dogs, pasta (salad), cheese (cheese dip) and chips. We had a fun little party, ate cake and opened presents.
Karlee's Powder Puff Football cake
Karlee was mesmerized with the candle - she almost didn't want to blow it out.
Yummy Chocolate Birthday cake!
Karlee's Great grandparents sent her this adorable card. It has Elmo on it and a $2 dollar bill inside. Such a cute idea for a 2 year old. Karlee got some fun birthday gifts from everyone, Thanks!
Happy 2nd Birthday Karlee
Thank you so much to everyone for remembering her on her special day. She loved talking to everyone on the phone and hearing everyone sing Happy Birthday to her.
6 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY GIRL! We love you little Karlee! We miss you!!
That sounds like just about the funnest birthday. I love the picture of Rob telling Karlee her birth story - which is such an amazing one. And you're cake turned out fabulous. Nice - chocolate. Was that to keep you from eating it!
Happy Birthday Karlee!
Rob you are such a baller.
Happy birthday Karlee. I hope you had an awesome day!!!
Happy Birthday!! Wow..2 already! I absolutely LOVE the Happy birthday sign you made for her!! How did you make it? Delia gets a $2 bill every christmas from her great grandma! So fun! Also I was reading her 2 year old stats from the dr's visit and she is tall! I don't care what the dr says. Delia was 35 in. when she turned 2 and now is 36.5 in. That is the height for an "average 3 year old..especially whe you look at all the height recommendations on all the clothing packages. Delia has a 4 year old friend and they are the same height. I am always getting people telling me how tall she is. Tall and skinny!!
Post a Comment