Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday #6 - my Mother


I am thankful for my wonderful, beautiful mother, today is her birthday. What a great opportunity to express why I am thankful for such an amazing person in my life. I must have done something good in heaven to have such an angel for my mother. I honestly have an amazing mother. She is such a thoughtful and sweet woman. Such an example of someone living a Christ like life. An example of her Christ-like life is when she got home from being away for 2 weeks up with my sister and her new baby, I went to pick her up from her shuttle. She had been up since 2 am (her time), and undoubtedly exhausted, only to drive 3 hours back home. We stopped to visit a friend who had been injured, and hospitalized before driving home, then on her way home she stopped in Kanab to visit a woman that she visit teaches. She always is thinking of others. She is a wonderful teacher, of the gospel and of life. Throughout my life there have been many times that I have been able to call her up and tell her my exciting news, and my trials, and she always has an eternal perspective. I love her, and I am so proud that she is my mom.
I love you mom! Thank you so much for your example, and love.

5 comments:

Paul Worthen said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I had a wonderful birthday. I am indeed blessed to have such a beautiful family. Life is good!
Love, mom

Monica said...

We really are lucky to have such a wonderful mom! She has set a wonderful example for all of us!

Troy and Segi said...

She is one awesome woman!

Kaye and Jared said...

We do have a GREAT MOM huh!!

Wooden's said...

you do have an amazing mom. she has blessed me so much in my life, I am glad that I grew up down the street from all of you. Thanks for sharing.

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012