I am thankful for my blog, and journalling.
When I was told about blogging a couple of years ago, my first thought was, why would anyone want to read about me and my family?. Other thoughts were: My life isn't interesting, Nothing exciting ever happens to me?, etc. But I thought well what the heck I will try it out. Okay so I was instantly addicted. I love being able to record the big and small moments of our family's lives. I am excited to turn my blog into a book, so that I can have a hard copy for my home and for my family.
One of our beloved church prophets, Spencer W. Kimbal, encouraged us to all keep a journal. I have a quote that I have kept in my scriptures that helps me to remember to keep a current journal. I found where the qoute was, you can read it here. Something that I thought that was remarkable is that at the time President Kimbal was called to be the prophet he had 33 journals in black binders. AMAZING!
"We urge our young people to begin today to write and keep records of all the important things in their own lives" . . . "I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and live us. And in the glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted." Spencer W. Kimball (New Era, December 1980)
I love journaling and know the importance of writing things down, and for this I am thankful.
1 comment:
yea - thank heaven for blogs so I can get some journalling done. You were always much better at it.
Post a Comment