Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yummy Soft Pretzels

On Sunday we made some yummy soft pretzels. I believe I got the recipe from a friend in Kentucky and we did this for a YW weeknight activity, so they are super easy and pretty fast to make as well. We love to eat them with mustard or when they are just out of the oven and just after the butter is brushed on sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the tops of them. Really Yummy!


Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a try.


1 pkg. or 1 Tbsp yeast
1¼ cup warm water
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking soda
½ cup water
Pretzel salt or kosher salt
2 Tbsp. butter

Combine yeast and warm water in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, let stand 5 minutes. In another bowl combine brown sugar and the yeast, slowly add enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (about 3 minutes). Cover and let rest 20 minutes. Cut the dough into 12 pieces; roll each piece into a 15 inch rope. Shape into a pretzel or as desired. Combine in a small bowl water and baking soda; dip each pretzel into mixture, shaking off excess water. Place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake @ 475ยบ for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter and serve immediately. This will make 12 pretzels.

4 comments:

Cory and Holly said...

Okay. I am totally going to give this a shot. But, it's me. Any extra tips?? :)

Shannon said...

Yummy!! I want to give these a try for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Monica said...

Those look yummy. When I tried to make big pretzels last year I had to dip in hot water with baking soda. This sounds easier.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Can't wait to try these. I think you need to create a recipe blog. All your recipes are so tasty!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012