Okay so I have finally finished the Twilight Series. I know . . . I know . . . It has taken me some time to actually get into getting them read. I read the first book in a day and a half, only after having my sister-in-law's book for over a year - I felt so guilty and gave it back to her only to have to call her up a couple months later, to ask if I could borrow it - so I could hurry and read it before I watch the movie. The second book probably took me a week to read, and I enjoyed it as well (only this was months ago - yep I waited another 6-7 months to start the 2nd book). To get started on the last two books, I tried checking them out of the library (I'm too cheap to buy the books), but to my shock, there was a 3-4 week wait on getting one or the other - crazy girls - I thought. So when it came to the last two books, I wasn't completely motivated, to get them read. My sister let me borrow the last two books, so there was no excuse in not finishing them. .
First off I have to admit that I accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend and finished the last two books. Whew!!!! I am embarrassed also to say that when I wasn't reading, all I was thinking about was wanting to read and then when I was reading I was lost in the story, nothing else existed. A Special Thanks to my dear sweet Rob who took care of Karlee for me - not too hard . . . when she has him wrapped around her finger like she does, but it didn't seem to me that either of them missed me too terribly. ha ha
.
First off I have to admit that I accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend and finished the last two books. Whew!!!! I am embarrassed also to say that when I wasn't reading, all I was thinking about was wanting to read and then when I was reading I was lost in the story, nothing else existed. A Special Thanks to my dear sweet Rob who took care of Karlee for me - not too hard . . . when she has him wrapped around her finger like she does, but it didn't seem to me that either of them missed me too terribly. ha ha
.
I loved all the books, if asked which one I liked most . . . think that I would have to say 2, that is that is to say that my two favorite books would have to be Twilight, and Breaking Dawn. I'll be honest, I guess I am more of a hopeless romantic than I had thought. I enjoyed the journey of the entire story, how it started and how it all ended. Now I can see what all the craziness has been about. To settle this matter as well (probably for my own sanity) . . . Edward or Jacob. I am definitely an Edward Cullen fan, but can finally appreciate Jacob for who he was in the end of the story.
.
I am shaking my head right now, just listening to myself . . . I am sure I will look back at this post and laugh (as Rob is doing right now). But for the record . . . I finished the books, and I can now start them over, well maybe in a little bit, give myself some time to accomplish in my life. So to answer the question - Am I dreaming about Vampires? Undoubtedly so . . . at least for a couple more days. ha ha ha

6 comments:
I know just how you feel! A love story about vampires?..."No thank you!" I said...but then I read them and got hooked! Its so silly how it consumes your life for a while but they really are that good! Welcome to the Edward fan club, haha!
This post almost brought a tear to my eye!lol...I am so proud of you:) So are you excited about the next movie? by the looks of the previews they had a bigger budget.Im excited for it.
Way to go...I am still stuck somewhere in book 2. Guess I'll just have to go see the movies and find out what happens.
Any fireworks this weekend. You do know it was the 4th!
You make me laugh! I can't haven't read any of the books but can't believe how many people have been so engrossed by them....must say something about the series.
FINALLY. Crimany I almost slipped the ending to you so many times! I'm with you - loved the last book and how the whole story layed out! Now we have something to talk about - ha.
oh heather, your post sounds just like me when I read them for the first time. they are even better the second time around.
Post a Comment