Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oh so very Gross!

Our vacuum bit the dust, literally. Embarrassingly we have been without a vacuum for well over a month, and let me just tell you. . . GROSS! I know, what were we thinking, right? When the vacuum stopped working (burned up, literally), I knew we needed to replace it, and soon. Then life just went on, other things got moved to the top of the 'list'.
.
Today I went and got our new vaccum. I didn't do too much research on this purchase so hopefully it won't bite me later on. Honestly, I went for price more than anything. For anyone that knows anything about vacuums, it is a Bissell Powerforce Bagless Vacuum. Okay so anyways, I was excited to finally get my carpets vacuumed (almost like Christmas morning, ha ha). The vacuum worked great, the amazing part is all the dust, dirt, and crap that it was able to pull up from our carpets. It took me probably 30 minutes to vacuum, because I wanted to make sure I got every bit of carpet covered. The bagless container almost hit the Full Line. Doesn't that just make you sick, I can't believe it, ya I am totally disgusted. To think that poor little Karlee has been crawling around with all that crap in the carpet. So why am I posting about this? Because I have learned my lesson, Never again! Never again!
.
Here are some gross pictures of our dirt, dust, and crap. (enjoy)
.

4 comments:

Troy and Segi said...

Just makes Karlee stronger..atleast that's what her Uncle Troy would say. Your new vacuum looks awesome! Im about ready to get a new one too.

Clenece said...

This happen to me about a year in a half ago to. I had used a bagged vacuum for years, and then switched to bag less when we bought out new onw. WOW, my vacuum looked like yours too, and I only went about 2 weeks without vacuuming. After that I went through a phase with vacuuming every other day. I was amazed every time at how FULL the container would get. So I can totally relate!!

Monica said...

That's the same vacuum we got when ours died a couple years ago. Same thing - I was so amazed at how much more this vacuum picked up that my bag-one was obvisouly missing. Tip - with this vacuum you need to clean it out and all the filters about every-other month.

Happy Crawling Karlee!

Kaye and Jared said...

It's funny how many people can relate to vacum problems! I'm there too. It's discusting huh. What a mother you are to let your little Karlee be around such filth! Just kidding. WE'VE all been there!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012