Monday, July 20, 2009

Yummy Homemade Pizza

Doesn't this look Delicious . . . it was.
.
I have been making this pizza for awhile now, and thought I would share it with the rest of ya'll. It is so yummy, fast, and super easy. I cannot remember where I found the recipe, so I can't give props to them, if I remember I will update this post. This pizza from start to finish will take you about 30 minutes. How awesome is that!
.
Pizza dough:
1 Tbsp active yeast (small envelope)
1 cup warm water (120º - 130º)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp veg oil
2 1/2 cups flour
.
Steps to follow:
- Dissolve the yeast in the water, let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in bowl, or mixer and mix. (I use my kitchen-aid mixer to mix, knead, and rest - saves on the clean up.) Then add yeast to dry ingredients.
- Dump onto a floured surface.
- Knead into a smooth dough (five minutes or so). I also let it rise/rest just a bit.
- Roll out and press down onto a pizza stone, or a greased pan. (if you use a stone you don't have to grease it.)
- Add toppings. This is the FUN part!
- Bake at 450º for around 12-15 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.
.
The pizza that is pictured above is our Spinach Alfredo Garlic Chicken pizza. It was so yummy. We have made BBQ chicken, pepperoni, ham & pineapple, Taco, and cheese. I think my favorite so far is the Spinach Alfredo Garlic Chicken pizza. Hope you make your homemade pizza and enjoy it as much as we do.

3 comments:

Troy and Segi said...

That looks soooo good! I am making that for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Monica said...

That looks good enough to eat! You are brave - I never venture out of the box when I make pizza.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Looks delicious! I love your recipes from that cookbook you compiled! A lot of them have become family favorites!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012