Saturday, January 30, 2010

Have the Terrible Two's begun...

I am afraid the notorious "Terrible Two's" have begun here in our home. Up to this point our everyday temper tantrums have been pretty low key. Karlee has really been entertaining (to say the least) when she gets upset. She will just stand and scream, then she notices that no one is reacting to her screams, and she will come over and give you a hug, and say "I love you!" - as though she is saying 'I am sorry for losing my temper'. I haven't really posted much about her 'terrible two moments', thinking I will later.
.
However today Karlee got destructive. She was in her nap today and wasn't really lovin the idea of having to sleep. But thats the norm for her afternoon naps. She will cry for a bit, then normally fall asleep for a good 1-2 hours. Today she wanted nothing to do with sleep - she did quiet down for about an hour, but started crying again. I was on the phone with Verizon (a whole other story) and so I just let her cry. When I got off the phone (2 minutes later) Karlee was in her bed, crying saying what I thought sounded like "fix it, fix it". I hadn't noticed what needed fixing. When I went to pick Karlee out of her bed, I saw pink vinyl, then looked up and noticed that the pink "K" had been torn off. Karlee was crying once again, as I told her that we couldn't fix the "K". She then just put her head on my shoulder and rubbed my back, as to say, "its okay". Oh well, as Rob put it best: She's 2 - what did you expect!
.
So to note... this will be our first of many terrible two moments that will be blogged and shared.


.
The before and after picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a typical thing for a man to say "What did you Expect." Sounds just like what Sam would say.
You know I never experienced the terrible 2's I experienced the terrible 4's. I guess if it starts at two there is hope by 4 you won't have to worry. In fact I am in the middle of one child turning 4 and one who just turned 5. When my 5 year old pulls out of her 4 year old world, I will have my little boy turning 4 YIPPY!!!

It sounds like she is so sweet, noticing when she does something wrong. I am happy for you guys.

MINDY

Monica said...

If that's as bad as it get's - count your blesssings (but don't hold your breath). Paige still does stuff like that out of curiousity, Trenton still does it when he's mad and Sadie's a whole another story! Good luck on the days ahead!

Karlee (3 years old)

Karlee (3 years old)

Family Sealing August 2008

Family Sealing August 2008

Karlee (6 months old)

Karlee  (6 months old)

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012