Alyia Jayde is Home!!!

Our beautiful niece Alyia Jayde (14months) was Life Flighted to Primary Children's Hospital on Saturday with a collapsed lung and possible pneumonia. Saturday morning Rob and I had gone over to my brothers home (Troy) because his baby girl wasn't feeling/breathing well. In the early afternoon my brother and his wife ended up taking her to Insta-Care, they immediately sent her to the ER. At the ER they were told that the hospital was not equipped to help Alyia, and that they would have to send her to Primary Children's Hospital up in Salt Lake City. Once at PCH she was fighting for her life. She had a scope surgery done, cardiogram, and many many more tests. I can't even think of all the other stuff this poor little girl had to endure. My brother said that the doctors were great, and that PCH was so nice and everyone there was very helpful. Many prayers were said on her behalf. Alyia began recovering day by day. She was up at PCH for 1 week. The doctors released her with no known reason for this to have happened. They said that she could possibly be allergic to something, but no one knows. She is now home with her mom, dad, and big brother. We are so blessed that this little angel is in our family we love her so much.
Thank goodness to texting, because honestly... thats how we got most all our updates. One of my most treasured text messages from my brother Troy that I had received was a picture of little Alyia with her eyes open, and the text that read: She's opened her eyes and is glad to see Mom... All I have to say is that many prayers have been answered this week. I do have to agree with Hayley... We do have a pretty awesome family. We are the kinda family that steps in when the moment is needed.
4 comments:
We love Alyia!!! Thanks for all the prayers, we have an awesome family!
Heather--that is so scary! I can't believe that--what a strange thing to happen. I am glad she is ok.
OUR FAMILY IS AWESOME!
oh wow... that's so scary for a parent. I can only imagine, and hope to never experience that.
Post a Comment